Brembo GT-S Systems 6 POT 355x32 2-Piece Front Brake Kit for FRS/BRZ/86
Includes the following:
- (F) 6-Piston Cast Monobloc Calipers
- 355x32mm 2-Piece Discs
- Complete Axle Set
- Pre-Assembled | All Necessary Hardware Included (Proprietary Brembo Stainless Steel Braided Brake Lines by Goodridge Brembo Engineered CNC Billet Caliper Adapters - All Necessary Hardware Included For Ease of Installation)
Brembo Drilled brake discs
Drilled brake discs are suitable for a wide range of applications, operating temperatures, and driving environments (especially wet weather).
• Benefit: offers the highest initial response of all the available disc face types while continuously refreshing the braking surface and being also typically a bit lighter.
• Drawback: drilled discs are generally more prone to heat checking and thermal cracking if used consistently at extremely high temperatures. This, however, really depends on the track, driver, and chassis setup.
Brembo Slotted Type I
Brembo “8 straight – slot” face type with an emphasis on stable brake feel and improve resilience against thermal cracking.
• Benefit: stable braking feel at all temperatures, low disc wear, and continuously refreshing the braking surface for optimum performance.
• Drawback: The Type 1 standard disc face has the lowest “initial response” or “bite” compared to Brembo Drilled, Type III or Type V discs.
Brembo Discs Type III
(aggressive face type)
motorsport developed face type with an emphasis on the high initial response while maintaining a smooth pedal release.
• Benefit: highest overall braking confidence, control, and allows the driver to spend less time on the brake pedal. When chasing the fastest lap time, less time on the brake pedal typically leads to a quicker lap time.
• Drawback: Any disc with an aggressive face type like the Type III will have a higher chance to mechanically abrade the pad and disc surface leading to quicker or uneven pad wear. However, this really depends on variables such as car setup or track layout.